IB Career-Related Programme
What is the IB CP?
The IB Career-related Programme (CP) offers academic study and practical hands-on experience through an integrated package, consisting of a minimum of two of the IB Diploma Programme (DP) academic subjects, studied alongside a career-related study option. Due to the blend of academic and professional study, the programme is suitable both for students with a particular career interest and for students who do not yet have a specific career pathway in mind.
The IB CP gives students valuable experience of different learning styles and methods of assessment. This prepares them for a transition to Higher Education and for a range of career pathways.
Students studying the IB CP will:
- Grow in self-confidence and self-awareness
- Develop the skills and qualities employers seek (flexibility, resilience, and the ability to communicate clearly
- Become effective learners, who can work both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Think critically and creatively
- Be internationally-minded and globally-aware
How is the IB CP Structured?
The IB CP encompasses some elements of the IB Diploma Programme (IB DP) within its structure. It also encompasses the IB’s educational philosophy and mission. The IB CP has a taught component that comprises the following:
A Career-related Study course (see below for details)
- A minimum of two IB DP courses (up to a maximum of four) at Standard Level or Higher Level
- A Personal and Professional Skills (PPS) course (Core) (4 periods per cycle)
The IB CP also has the following independent learning components:
- A Reflective Project (Core)
- Service Learning (Core)
- A Language Development course (Core)
These course elements constitute the ‘IB CP Core’ - students taking the IB CP study these elements in place of Theory of Knowledge, CAS and the Extended Essay which are studied by IB DP students.
IB Career-Related Programme Pathways at British School Jakarta
The IB CP programme at the British School Jakarta has the most comprehensive offering of career-related studies anywhere in Indonesia.
In 2021 we will be offering the following 5 pathways:
- Business (Pearson BTEC)
- Art & Design (Savannah College of Art & Design/SCAD)
- Engineering & Aeronautical Engineering (Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University)
- Bioinformatics (Indonesia International Institute for Life Sciences/i3L)
- International Sports Management (Federation University & World Academy of Sports)
For more information about our comprehensive IB Career-Related Programme, please see the options booklet below. If you have any questions, please contact our Secondary team at firstname.lastname@example.org.