Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Blue Bird will strengthen the operations management of school buses in order to ensure the health and safety of students who take school buses.
The bus office and bus depot shall not only establish a daily health inspection report system for school bus staff but also standardize the daily cleaning and disinfection of school buses.
The specific provisions are as follows:
- Every morning before departure, the School Bus Drivers and chaperones will be temperature checked in the Big Bird Cijantung bus depot and report to the bus office Manager and Bus Depot General Manager, who shall maintain and record as per the buses.
- Drivers or chaperones with symptoms (including fever, rash, cough, sore throat, chest distress, breathing difficulties, lacking in strength, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, conjunctivitis, muscle soreness, etc.) must inform Cijantung bus depot coordinator and Bus office Manager immediately, and should not continue driving or staying on the bus.
- Drivers and chaperones must wear protective equipment (such as face masks, face shields for chaperones, etc.) before getting on the bus.
- During the whole journey, Drivers and chaperones should not take off their face masks.
- Before students get on, the chaperones shall oversee that each student must disinfect their hands with instant hand sanitizer available on the bus, and wear masks.
- During non-working hours, all School Bus Drivers and chaperones shall continue to maintain social distancing in the driver's rest area and Bus officer and also chaperones' leaders to monitor. Drivers and chaperones must wear masks at all times and avoid crowded places
Bus cleaning & disinfection
- Instant Hand Sanitizer is provided on each bus near the front door for student use.
- Drivers must wipe the steering wheel and operation panel with a disinfectant in the Ciputat pool prior to departure and after each journey.
- After each journey, School Bus monitors / drivers must carry out proper disinfection when all students get off, which includes:
- Mop the floor with the chlorine-containing disinfectant with "wipol" and alcohol spray
- Wipe the seat armrests, seat belts, doors, handrails, doors, and other parts that students may touch with disinfectant.
- Clean up the garbage and disinfecting the trash on a daily basis
- Bus officers shall collect disinfectant and cleaning lists from drivers on a daily basis.
- In the case of student vomit on the bus:
- School Bus monitor / driver shall immediately give the student a vomit bag;
- Cover the vomit with a disposable plastic film and sterilize it with disinfectant tissue;
- Organize students to change seats (one meter away from the vomit);
- After the journey, clean up the vomit with special tools;
- After cleaning, disinfect all surfaces of contaminated areas with disinfectants.
- Strengthen the ventilation on buses. The air conditioner shall be turned on in journey we use Air filter to make sure the cabin in healthy condition. Windows shall be opened as often as possible during parking for ventilation
- Modification on buses. Blue Bird shall install plastic separator between driver's seat area and passenger area.
- Maximum bus capacity is only 70% and all buses will have cross ( X ) signs on each seat which are not allowed for students.
- Chaperones will help to open the door while students getting in and out of the bus.
- Before students get on the bus every morning, the driver or chaperone must measure and record every student’s temperature. Students with temperature higher than 37.3°C shall not be allowed to get on the bus and shall be asked to return home with parents.
- All students must wear face masks before getting on the bus.For students who refuse to cooperate with face mask-wearing, the driver or chaperone shall refuse the students to get into the bus and report to the bus office or Transport Manager who shall keep records and inform the School.
- If students suddenly feel uncomfortable on the bus, the chaperone shall immediately report to the bus office, who will inform the school to take students to the hospital or medical centre if the bus position is close to the school
- Students must wear face masks all the time during their time on the bus.
- Students are not allowed to eat or drink on the bus.
- Non-school bus passengers are not allowed to take the school buses.